Old July 6th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Naming the title of your webpage

Hi.

I often search for people's web-published homebrew receiver, transmitter, or
transceiver projects.

Can I please encourage those that design these radios to try to conform to a
standard when choosing the title name of your webpages. That would make it
better when searching for radio projects.

I was thinking that a convention could be something like the examples below:

"DX Chaser 5" AM Multiband Receiver

"Super-smashing-great-all-singing-and-dancing DX sniffer" 20m Monoband SSB
receiver

"The better than Pixie" 30m CW Monoband Transciever

"Goblin 80/40" 80/40m CW/SSB Dual Band Tranceiver

"Babe Radio 77" 10m FM Monoband Transmitter

The thing is to try to name the page so that folks can put a search string
together i.e:

"CW Monoband Transceiver"

"SSB Monoband Transceiver"

"AM Multiband"

"80/40 CW/SSB" Transceiver

Etc etc.

Although I think maybe if one searches the name of the title page only,
there might not any advantage in using a search phrase.

It might even be good to put "homebrew" in the title as well.

Well, I think it's a good idea. :c)

I do find that I want to identify receivers only, transmitters only, and
transceivers only, and whether monoband (and what band) or multiband, and
what mode(s).

Perhaps someone can come up with a better naming convention.

Thanks.

Old July 6th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi.

I often search for people's web-published homebrew receiver, transmitter,
or
transceiver projects.

Can I please encourage those that design these radios to try to conform to
standard when choosing the title name of your webpages. That would make it
better when searching for radio projects.

snip

I do find that I want to identify receivers only, transmitters only, and
transceivers only, and whether monoband (and what band) or multiband, and
what mode(s).

Perhaps someone can come up with a better naming convention.

Thanks.

I'm afraid your idea won't catch on, as it seems to make sense( at least
to me!).
My wife ( also a ham) complained about the time_sink of surfing the web,
looking
for that unread receiver article.But she decided it was cheaper to read
about
radios and such on the web, rather than actually buying them and bringing
them
home.
Along with your naming convention, I'd hope that everyone would make
PDF's
of all such articles.
Any websites you would recommend for the high_perf receiver fan????

Mike W5CHR
Memphis

Old July 6th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Mike Lucas" wrote in message
I'm afraid your idea won't catch on, as it seems to make sense( at
least to me!).
My wife ( also a ham) complained about the time_sink of surfing the web,
looking
for that unread receiver article.But she decided it was cheaper to read
about
radios and such on the web, rather than actually buying them and bringing
them
home.
Along with your naming convention, I'd hope that everyone would make
PDF's
of all such articles.
Any websites you would recommend for the high_perf receiver fan????

Mike W5CHR
Memphis

Hi.

Yes, and I think maybe there are free services or programs that will convert
WORD files to PDF.

I don't know much really, but I just found this nice site:

http://www.qrp.pops.net/default.asp

Old July 6th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Yes, and I think maybe there are free services or programs that will
convert WORD files to PDF.

I don't know much really, but I just found this nice site:

http://www.qrp.pops.net/default.asp

============================
Indeed a superb homebrew site with excellent schematics presentation.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Old July 7th 07, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hi,

Yes, and I think maybe there are free services or programs that will convert
WORD files to PDF.

Yes, check out http://www.openoffice.org - a fully compatible, free and
open-source office suite that offers PDF exporting.

Cheers,
__
Gregg