Old June 1st 07, 07:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
ian field ian field is offline

Default Help finding Madeleine McCann - 4 years old

"jim menning" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"jim menning" wrote in message

Let me give my 2-cents worth to say I really oppose your suggestion.

Madeleine McCann is only one of tens of thousands of kids that go
missing each year. Her case is only special because her family can
afford to pay for media hype. Although I can sympathize with her family,
the likelihood that I will see their lost child running around in Grand
Chute, Wisconsin is astronomical. There are many local issues that do
deserve my attention, and even one second to click on the "Mark as read"
button for Madeleine is a waste of my time, caused by some "do-gooder"
who wants to further sensationalize the tragic story.

I'd hesitate to see the floodgates open if any/all crime victims start
to post to ALL binary (or text) groups looking for their kidnapped
children, stolen artwork, or deadbeat daddies. This particular crime
was in Portugal. Let the Portugal/European media and authorities handle
it. No need to waste the time of millions of other people around the
world.

Let Portugal develop their own "Amber Alert" and look for the child that
way.

A waste of your time? My 2c states " You can never do enough to help any
child no matter how rich their family is or how poor and I don't care
what floodgates get opened" My time is worth less than any child.

BH

Yeah, I'm being very selfish. I'll get off my lazy ass, and start going
door to door here, and I won't give up until I find her.

C'mon, Brian. This is one of countless lost children around the world,
and nowhere near where I am. In this particular case, for Madeleine
McCann, there is nothing I can do. Now if you can provide me with
pictures of the lost children in my area, that would be different. For a
child lost in Portugal, let the locals there look for her.

She probably isn't still in Portugal, she could be anyplace by now - can you
guarantee the US isn't where she's been taken?

But quite right - Europe should have its own version of codeamber.