Old June 13th 07, 02:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Jeffrey D Angus Jeffrey D Angus is offline

Default RCA 56X back, before and after

William Sommerwerck wrote:
For the flat wound antenna coil, I cut down some 1-1/2"
PVC pipe into 1/4" slices and temporarily glued them to
the back to provide the corners to go around.

But that would have produced a "vertical" loop of constant "diameter". How
did you get it to lie down, and vary in diameter?

Yeah, it could have. I used them as the starting form for the first
loop. Subsequent turns were laid down progressively around the wire,
not the coil form. Hence my comment about using CA glue to spot glue
the wire in place as I wound the turns.

Jeff

--
RESTRICTED AREA. Anyone intruding shall immediately become subject to
the jurisdiction of military law. Intruders will be subject to lethal