Old July 18th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
voyager2007 voyager2007 is offline

Default Eton E5

Is it just me or have I got a decent E5
I have read loads about how bad they are but still went ahead and bought
one, and I like it, in fact I like it a lot.
I run it alongside my Sony SW77 and it could get everything the 77 could,
sideband was easy to use and tune, obviously the sound is not as good as the
77 but its quite good considering the small speaker.
It could be that I live in the UK, and we dont seem to get many problems
with strong stations on nearby frequencies wiping out what your listening
to.
All in all I'm very pleased, it certainly blows my trusty old
Degan/Kaito1103 away, I find it better than my Sony 7600GR, except for no
sync-lock. I always find the 7600gr sounds very tinny and crap so I dont
bother with it much, and ssb on the 7600gr is a bloody nightmare.
Anyway, happy to say, I'm glad I bought it
cheers
voyager