Old July 19th 07, 03:12 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.internet.wireless
msg msg is offline

Default AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on anastronomically-low carrier frequency

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I only have one portable receiver, the RS DX-375, which is kept in
my hurricane emergency kit. It was bought on price, alone...

I had one and was quite disappointed by its image response (even in
the absence of strong signal IMD, overloading, etc.). For example,
WWV on 10 Mhz was equally strong on 9545 kHz. I never saw the
schematic so I know nothing about its front end and evidently
it is single conversion but one would have hoped for a varactor
tuned preselector

How is image rejection on yours?

Cross-posts limited to sci.electronics.basics and rec.radio.shortwave

Regards,

Michael