Old July 27th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default (OT) : Ibiquity/HD Radio going down the toilet?

In article .com,
wrote:

On Jul 27, 7:31?am, RHF wrote:
On Jul 27, 4:09 am, Ron Hardin wrote:

I liked the AM-on-FM-subchannel feature, which allowed me to hear
a so-called local Imus affiliate finally. I see no point in
additional FM channels for music though. It's the same junk as
the regular FM.

And of course Imus is gone now, so that edge is gone.

AM HD radio is annoying even when it works ; like vinyl records,
AM has a pleasing sound on its own, and this just destroys that
slight advantage. In addition, it drops in and out of HD when
a thunderstorm goes through, which is beyond annoying and you have
to search for a station carrying the same program without HD.

Then there's the HD hash, but that's been discussed to death. I'm
just talking now about HD when you're listening to the HD station.

Keep the FM subchannels, throw out the rest.

RH - Good evaluation of "HD" Radio -and- Yes the
2nd Subchannel is a good feature of FM "HD" Radio
Most just have more 'copy-cat' Music Programming
while one of the CAL Central Valley "HD" FM Radio
Stations is a Rocker on HD-1 with Pop-Classical
Music on their HD-2 now that is an interesting
contrast. ~ RHF
.
.

The broadcast bands are already jammed with more than enough radio
stations - HD multicasting is a farce.

Yes. Day time I now have a band full of HD hash between local channels.
What an improvement.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California