Old July 30th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
American Insurgent American Insurgent is offline

Default GE Superradio III Help

On Jul 28, 3:01 pm, willismat wrote:
I picked one of these up at Goodwill for three bucks, and I need to
get inside of it to fix a speaker connection, but a couple of the
screws in the back won't turn for me (stripped, maybe?). Those of you
who have one know that they are very recessed into the plastic body of
the radio, and I can't figure out how to get them unscrewed. Any
suggestions, please?

Long shank screwdriver, available at a good electronics store, and no
Radio Shack does not count. The place where I bought mine went out of
business years ago. A decent electronics store is tough to find. If
you're in California, Frys has them. If you're anywhere else, open the
phone book to "electronics", then start calling until you find a
decent place. Electronics parts aren't as popular as they once were.
If you're in a major city, you should be able to find one. Otherwise
you'll be driving a ways. By the way, most radios (including the SR3)
use a philips head screw. I've never needed a standard head long shank
driver.