Old July 31st 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Glenn Glenn is offline

Default New unreleased Kenwood TM-D710A replacement for TM-D700A?

"Anonymous" wrote in message ...
UPDATE!!!! (SOMETHING IS GOING OBSOLETE?)

The Radio model number is actually TM-D710A and the "A" should denote APRS functionality. I think I may have figured part of my
earlier question out for myself.

The "A" actually means it for the Americas (North, Central, South) market. European Kenwood products have an "E" suffix because,
among other things, the European 2 meter amateur band is 144-146 MHz and the 70 cm band is 430-440 MHz.
VHF/UHF equipment for the Asian market usually have no letter suffix.

73 de Glenn AA5PK