Old July 31st 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Roger (K8RI) Roger (K8RI) is offline

Default New unreleased Kenwood TM-D710A replacement for TM-D700A?

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:12:06 -0400, "Anonymous"
wrote:

UPDATE!!!! (SOMETHING IS GOING OBSOLETE?)

The Radio model number is actually TM-D710A and the "A" should denote APRS
functionality. I think I may have figured part of my earlier question out
for myself.

So much for buying a TM-D700A old model when there seems to be a new model
on the way.

ONE BIG POINT TO BE MADE
I bet we shall see a drop in price for the TM-D700A radios soon and we
certainly should be asking for a big price reduction if anyone plans on
buying a (soon to be obsoleted?) TM-D700A.

It may be replaced but it won't be obsolete until they stop supporting
it.