Old July 31st 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) is offline

Default Opinions on RM Italy amplifiers

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:48:07 -0500, gb wrote:

RM Italy targeted the USA high powered CB market (big mistake). Those
units (usually red colored) are only built for 26-30 MHz -- NO low pass
filter switching.

Right, but their newer ones (grey in color if I recall correctly) are, as
you noted below, designed for 160-10.

They started an amateur radio line where they add a band switch on front
panel -- HOWEVER -- I ahve NOT seen one. How to you get afilter to fit
intot hat space -- doubtful that it is useful.

They look similar in size and form factor to Tokyo Hy Power HF amps which
seem to have a pretty good reputation.

RM Italy has NOT not submitted their amateur units for FCC approval
(spectral purity, etc.)

Of course not. They couldn't get them approved anyway. The FCC clings
tenaciously to that retarded rule of theirs against low-drive-power HF
amps... FT-817 and IC-703 owners be damned. As usual, they are too lazy
to go after the real culprits so they penalize everybody.