Old August 7th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Indication new knowledge could have an impact on future antennas ...

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 09:08:07 -0700, John Smith I
wrote:

This explains the "Casimir Effect:"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashmir_effect

This indicates that a sound method has been discovered to manipulate it:
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...ack-levitation

Remember Pons and Fleishman?

Now, one can only speculate as to whether this will have possible
effects on the design/implementation of future antennas ... or possibly
lead to the "discovery" of new/"previously unknown" laws/forces which
have been in play and beyond our vision.

Gad, just what we need is more existential fodder for Arthur (except
you leaped to an antenna connection before he could opine "throw away
the text books").

Future nano antennas? At this scale, there is nothing so amusing as
those in, over their heads. It may shock many to discover that
resonance becomes decoupled from scaling at this -um- scale. This
isn't your dad's quarterwave monopole anymore.

Another message from Western Union, the Casimir effect was well known
CENTURIES ago to sailors. It was only myopic scientists who
re-discovered it under their microscope and put a label to it in spite
of this common knowledge.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC