Old August 11th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Uncle Peter Uncle Peter is offline

Default If the plate choke changes value how does it affect the plate tuning capacitor?

"Dante" wrote in message

In the amplifier compartment of a 1970s vintage ham radio, if the
plate choke in the B+ supply lost some of it's inductance due to some
of the coil windings shorting together would it cause the plate tuning
capacitor to require less capacitance (such as fully open) to reach
resonance?

-Curios.

Just an estimate...

I think the plate choke is effectively in parallel with
the plate tuning inductor. But, I suspect ratios between
the two inductances would preclude much interaction
unless there was a major loss failure in the choke.

I'd be more worried about parallel resonances in the
choke falling within the operating bands the amp covers.