Old August 13th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] fratchj@aol.com is offline

Default How do I change my tube type am car radio to solid state am fm radio?

On Aug 12, 11:35?am, Scott wrote:
Do you mean removing the guts and replacing tubes with with modern solid
state parts or do you mean somehow replacing entire radio with an Alpine
or Pioneer or something that will fit in the hole in the dash?

wrote:
I have a 57 ford radio with town and country, it is tube am. Is there
any articals around on changing this to solid state with fm?

John WA8ZPN

--
Scotthttp://corbenflyer.tripod.com/
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Hi Scott. what I would like to do is use the original radio and
replace all the tubes with solid state. I have built a few stations
over the years so it can't be that hard.

John