Old August 17th 07, 11:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] tubsc66@aol.com is offline

Default Dreaming of a 'new' Panasonic RF-2200 Radio . . . In Your Future ?

Any idea when or if this pup will be available in th US? Im thinking
the S-2000 and
the yet to be available Redsun RP-3000 would look great in my shack.

73's

Chris

On Aug 17, 5:15?am, RHF wrote:
Why Dream -when- You Can Catch A Vision {Picture :-} !
.
The presently in 'pre-production' Tecsun S-2000 Radio which
looks a lot like a Mini-Grundig Satellit 800 Radio may be
your replacement Dream Radio for the Panasonic RF2200 Radio
.
Tecsun S-2000 Radio Photo-Imageshttp://www.kazuo.com.cn/read.php?tid=40778
Notice the GYRO ANTENNA - Hummmm !
.
Here is another Link/URL of the same Photo-Image
of the pre-production Tecsun S-2000 Radio
TESUN S-2000 =http://tinyurl.com/358mjthttp://www....352925&Id=3529...
Notice the Real S-Meter - Ooooo !
.
Notice the BIG RED POWER BUTTON - OMG !
.
Notice the Handles - AHaaaa !
.
I am getting that Panasonic RF-2200 Radio FEELING !
.
.
Three Words : I WANT ONE ! ~ RHF
- - - Followed by Two Words . . . Dream On ! )
.
.
. .

- - - On Aug 17, 1:43 am, RHF wrote:

Dreaming of a 'new' Panasonic RF-2200 Radio . . . In Your Future ?
.
For One and All,
.
If you can find and take a look at the Tecsun Radio Club Roomhttp://www.tecsun.com.cn/radioclub/images/Pic00029.jpg
(R&D) you will see many old and new Radios there including
the Panasonic RF-2200 Radio.
.
IMHO - The Tecsun BCL-2000 was a step in the right direction
and the Redsun RP2100 is another step along that path . . .
The new Redsun RP3000/RP3100 may be the next step ? ? ?
.
FWIW - Radio-Electronics manufacturing has changed greatly
in the 30 Years from 1977 to 2007 and a 'close-copy' of the
outward appearance and styling may be 'Doable" by the insides
will be cost effective and very different.
.
Now Back To The Panasonic RF-2200 Radio :
.
Read - Restoring the Panasonic RF-2200 Radiohttp://www.radiointel.com/restoring-panasonicrf2200.htm
-by- Jay Allen
.
Check-Out the National Panasonic RF-2200http://www.noobowsystems.com/restorations/rf-2200/rf-2200-e.html
-aka- "Cougar 2200" Portable Shortwave Receiver
-at- NoobowSystems Lab. Tomioka, Japanhttp://www.noobowsystems.com/restorations/index.html
Radio Restoration Projects
.
eHam Reviews of the Panasonic RF-2200 Radiohttp://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4922
.
Reference "SOLD" 'used' Panasonic RF-2200 Radioshttp://www.universal-radio.com/used/sold064.html
.
Best "Portable" Radios for AM/MW DXinghttp://www.dxtools.com/BestDXrx.htm
# 3 - Panasonic RF-2200 Radio
-source- DX Tools .Com
.
Panasonic RF-2200 Radios Photo/Imageshttp://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/portable/rf2200.htmlhttp://www...
GOOGLE IMAGES =http://tinyurl.com/2eocoa
.
Search eBay for : Panasonic RF-2200 Radios
SEARCH eBAY =http://tinyurl.com/yulq9v
.
Discontinued Shortwave "Portable" Radioshttp://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/portdisc.html
-provided by- Universal-Radio.Com
.
Discontinued Shortwave "Table-Top" Receivershttp://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/commdisc.html
-provided by- Universal-Radio.Com
.
.
another trip down memory lane while listening
to my shortwave radio ~ RHF
.
.
. .

- - - "Nash" nash2042004@... wrote:
-
- I was looking for a RF-2200 on Ebay in the past, but they
- all looked dog eared and in need of some internal maintenance,
- which would be ok for someone who can fix radios, but I am
- only good at listening to them. :P
-
- On a lark, I emailed Panasonic last week to ask if they
- would consider selling a commemorative limited edition
- version of the RF-2200. They replied a couple of days
- later saying they would pass along my suggestion to their
- marketing department. My suggestion will probably end and
- die there, but it would be nice to pick up a brand new
- RF-2200 with some updates in design.
-
- I am using my BCL3000 with a PK AM loop antenna for AM DX.
- The results are good, but I would like to try something better.
-
- Nash
-
.