Old August 17th 07, 09:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Dreaming of a 'new' Panasonic RF-2200 Radio . . . In Your Future ?

Dreaming of a 'new' Panasonic RF-2200 Radio . . . In Your Future ?
Old August 17th 07, 11:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Why Dream -when- You Can Catch A Vision {Picture :-} !
Old August 17th 07, 11:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Any idea when or if this pup will be available in th US? Im thinking
the S-2000 and
the yet to be available Redsun RP-3000 would look great in my shack.

73's

Chris

On Aug 17, 5:15?am, RHF wrote:
Why Dream -when- You Can Catch A Vision {Picture :-} !
.
The presently in 'pre-production' Tecsun S-2000 Radio which
looks a lot like a Mini-Grundig Satellit 800 Radio may be
your replacement Dream Radio for the Panasonic RF2200 Radio
.
Tecsun S-2000 Radio Photo-Imageshttp://www.kazuo.com.cn/read.php?tid=40778
Notice the GYRO ANTENNA - Hummmm !
.
Here is another Link/URL of the same Photo-Image
of the pre-production Tecsun S-2000 Radio
TESUN S-2000 =http://tinyurl.com/358mjthttp://www....352925&Id=3529...
Notice the Real S-Meter - Ooooo !
.
Notice the BIG RED POWER BUTTON - OMG !
.
Notice the Handles - AHaaaa !
.
I am getting that Panasonic RF-2200 Radio FEELING !
.
.
Three Words : I WANT ONE ! ~ RHF
- - - Followed by Two Words . . . Dream On ! )
.
.
. .

- - - On Aug 17, 1:43 am, RHF wrote:

Dreaming of a 'new' Panasonic RF-2200 Radio . . . In Your Future ?
.
For One and All,
.
If you can find and take a look at the Tecsun Radio Club Roomhttp://www.tecsun.com.cn/radioclub/images/Pic00029.jpg
(R&D) you will see many old and new Radios there including
the Panasonic RF-2200 Radio.
.
IMHO - The Tecsun BCL-2000 was a step in the right direction
and the Redsun RP2100 is another step along that path . . .
The new Redsun RP3000/RP3100 may be the next step ? ? ?
.
FWIW - Radio-Electronics manufacturing has changed greatly
in the 30 Years from 1977 to 2007 and a 'close-copy' of the
outward appearance and styling may be 'Doable" by the insides
will be cost effective and very different.
.
Now Back To The Panasonic RF-2200 Radio :
.
Read - Restoring the Panasonic RF-2200 Radiohttp://www.radiointel.com/restoring-panasonicrf2200.htm
-by- Jay Allen
.
Check-Out the National Panasonic RF-2200http://www.noobowsystems.com/restorations/rf-2200/rf-2200-e.html
-aka- "Cougar 2200" Portable Shortwave Receiver
-at- NoobowSystems Lab. Tomioka, Japanhttp://www.noobowsystems.com/restorations/index.html
Radio Restoration Projects
.
eHam Reviews of the Panasonic RF-2200 Radiohttp://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4922
.
Reference "SOLD" 'used' Panasonic RF-2200 Radioshttp://www.universal-radio.com/used/sold064.html
.
Best "Portable" Radios for AM/MW DXinghttp://www.dxtools.com/BestDXrx.htm
# 3 - Panasonic RF-2200 Radio
-source- DX Tools .Com
.
Panasonic RF-2200 Radios Photo/Imageshttp://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/portable/rf2200.htmlhttp://www...
GOOGLE IMAGES =http://tinyurl.com/2eocoa
.
Search eBay for : Panasonic RF-2200 Radios
SEARCH eBAY =http://tinyurl.com/yulq9v
.
Discontinued Shortwave "Portable" Radioshttp://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/portdisc.html
-provided by- Universal-Radio.Com
.
Discontinued Shortwave "Table-Top" Receivershttp://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/commdisc.html
-provided by- Universal-Radio.Com
.
.
another trip down memory lane while listening
to my shortwave radio ~ RHF
.
.
. .

- - - "Nash" nash2042004@... wrote:
-
- I was looking for a RF-2200 on Ebay in the past, but they
- all looked dog eared and in need of some internal maintenance,
- which would be ok for someone who can fix radios, but I am
- only good at listening to them. :P
-
- On a lark, I emailed Panasonic last week to ask if they
- would consider selling a commemorative limited edition
- version of the RF-2200. They replied a couple of days
- later saying they would pass along my suggestion to their
- marketing department. My suggestion will probably end and
- die there, but it would be nice to pick up a brand new
- RF-2200 with some updates in design.
-
- I am using my BCL3000 with a PK AM loop antenna for AM DX.
- The results are good, but I would like to try something better.
-
- Nash
-
.
.

Old August 17th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Panasonic RF-2200 Radios Photo/Imageshttp://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/portable/rf2200.htmlhttp://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/portable/RF2200e.jpghttp://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/portable/RF2200d.jpghttp://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/portable/RF2200x.jpg

- - - "Nash" nash2042004@... wrote:
-
[...]

Do you have a life ? Was it a wet-dream, IBOC shill ?

Old August 18th 07, 05:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

- - - "Nash" nash2042004@... wrote:
-
[...]

IBOC IS A CRAZY,

Clearly you do not : Since your life seems to be
relegated to being an Anti-IBOC-Nay-Sayer [.]

Stop Polluting Shortwave Radio Threads with your
Anti-IBOC-Nay-Sayer OTW replys; and please
'get-a-life' even -if- it is only a small one to match
your small brain.

Dreaming of a almost 'new' Panasonic RF-2200 Radio . . .
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...le/rf2200.html
In My Future ! - Oops I already have 1 or is it 2 ? ~ RHF
- - - along with a Panasonic RF-2800 Radio
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...le/rf2800.html
and-a Panasonic RF-2900 Radio
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...le/RF2900.html
and-a Panasonic RF-2600 Radio
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...le/rf2600.html
and-a Panasonic RF-4900 Radio
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...vr/rf4900.html
Don't Get Into A Radio Panic - Pan-A-Son-Ic ! )
- - - Why I even had a half-dozen of the nice
Panasonic RF2400 AM/FM Portable Radios
that I got for about $8 each and gave away as
presents at Christmas. mce1 !

Old September 11th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Dreaming of a 'new' Panasonic RF-2200 Radio . . . Maybe Here It Is !

- - - "Nash" nash2042004@... wrote:
-
[...]

PLEASE NOTE : That this Message is being Posted
for Entertainment and Informational Purposes Only.
.
Dreaming of a 'new' Panasonic RF-2200 Radio
. . . Maybe Here It Is !
.
LN Panasonic RF-2200 Portable SHORTWAVE
w/ AM Loop Ant.
.
Note - "LN" means 'Like New' and the 4 Photos
actually make it look like it is new - amazing.
- - - Almost looks like a "New Old Stock" Item.
. http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ320154540805
.
Bidders :11 = Total Bids : 22 = Current Bid : $187.50
.
FWIW - This one is a beautiful example of the
'new' Panasonic RF-2200 Radio - IMHO ~ RHF
.
NOTICE - BE ADVISED : This is NOT my Auction
and I am NOT Associated with the eBay Seller.
.
CAUTION - Know your Seller and something about what they are Selling.
.
As Always - Buyer Beware - Life is a Gamble and so is eBay ~ RHF
.
.

LN Panasonic RF-2200 Portable SHORTWAVE
w/ AM Loop Ant.

http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ320154540805

Nice Bidding War :

Bidders :12

Total Bids : 28

Final / Closing Price : $306

And we can all say : Oh No He Paid Too Much ! )

~ RHF
Old September 14th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

No thanks to screwbay, now you can't touch an RF-2200... at least I can't on
a disability income. Damned collectors ruin it for the little guy. rage

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on a Tecsun, remember the Grundig 800 was
made by Tecsun and the quality problems that had.

Out of curiosity I opened up my RP-2100 and it has more cold solder joints
than I could count. Nice radio but very poor workmanship... I pretty much
think it'll die after a couple years and I'll be resoldering everything.
From a solder joint perspective, I'm suprised it works at all.

Not like my 1959 Royal 1000 that still sports shiny solder joints... what we
used to be able to build here.

Rich

For One and All,
.

Old September 14th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dorpmuller wrote:

No thanks to screwbay, now you can't touch an RF-2200... at least I can't on
a disability income.

Be careful! Some here are going to accuse you of being on welfare.

Damned collectors ruin it for the little guy. rage

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on a Tecsun, remember the Grundig 800 was
made by Tecsun and the quality problems that had.

Out of curiosity I opened up my RP-2100 and it has more cold solder joints
than I could count. Nice radio but very poor workmanship... I pretty much
think it'll die after a couple years and I'll be resoldering everything.
From a solder joint perspective, I'm suprised it works at all.

Old September 21st 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

.
TESUN S-2000 =http://tinyurl.com/358mjthttp://www....howBody.asp?ED......

- - - "Nash" nash2042004@... wrote:
-
[...]

If Panasonic produces a new RF-2200, I would definitely be
interested. Mine was stolen from my hotel room in 1992.

That will happen sometime after the winter of the blue snow. One of
the new Redsun receivers or an Eton E1 will likely outperform the
venerable 2200.

Dave- Hide quoted text -