Old August 18th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John Ferrell John Ferrell is offline

Default Digital Readout for TV Rotator

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:04:09 GMT, "Dale Parfitt"
wrote:

I have been searching for a QST article that detailed modifying a TV style
rotator such that the readout was a digital panel meter that was scaled for
degrees.
Does anyone recall the article- year/month?

Tnx,
Dale W4OP

Before you go to a lot of trouble check out
http://www.starkelectronic.com/rotor.htm#rotor

It works very well as advertised. It used to be available as a control
box alone. I have one that took a lightning strike that killed the PIC
microprocessor. Unfortunately, the only chip with that pin out is a
one-time-program device.

If you choose to Home brew it you will need to be aware that the three
wire devices consist of two motors, clockwise and counter clockwise.
The position is determined by the run time on the motors. A
calibration cycle is needed occasionally but it works well.

John Ferrell W8CCW
"Life is easier if you learn to
plow around the stumps"