Old August 23rd 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Sarah Czepiel Sarah Czepiel is offline

Default FIPS Code. Entering the right one? Why can't I receive alerts??

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:17:09 -0400, "Radiosrfun"
wrote:

:"Crackles McFarly" wrote in message
. ..
: 029047 -- Are you suppose to Begin the code with the Zero?
:
: Is it suppose to be 6 digits and if no number starts the 2nd of 6
: digits, you're suppose to add a zero to the front?
:
: A county for example is 21099 as listed with NWS, am I suppose to add
: a zero to the front, making it 021099???
:
: I set the radio up this way and did not receive the test signal
: weekly. NWS guy told me Wednesdays 10am-noon was the time, it never
: happened.
: I'm quite concerned that this radio does not seem to currently have
: the ability to alert me to even a TEST signal..
:
: It's Midland Model #74-250
: Here's the Manual for it
: http://www.midlandradio.com/comersus...log/74-250.pdf
:
:
: thanks if you can help me..

snip helpful hints and info offered...

:I'm not trying to be smart by saying this, but it would be a help if you go
:back through the manual and "READ" it - play with buttons, change settings
:to get used to them and then set it as you wish - to familiarize yourself
:completely with the radio. Once you get to know the radio better- maybe you
:can better figure out what the issue is you are having. Not having one in
:hand - those of us trying to help - are sort of helpless.
:
:This is about all I can offer - if you keep having issues, try contacting
:Midland - http://www.midlandradio.com/ they have a "Contact us" button
:there.
:
:I think I'm out of help for you at this stage. Good luck.
:
:L.

Yep, me too. It helps to read the manual plus Google shows there is a
wealth of info available if you actually try and look for it.