Old September 3rd 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Ibiquity's "Gag Order" on engineers

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 3, 3:26 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

ups.com...

The reason this type of programming sustains a large percentage of AM
stations today is because AM has lost practically all of its listeners
who are below the age of 50. The younger listeners are no longer there
and this is a fact whether you accept it or not.

That is essentially my point. But the programming, if transported to FM
with
better quality, leaps upwards in 35-54 listeners, proving that the main
difficulty of AM is the audio, a problem HD fixes for stations with
decent
signals.

I'm afraid you're wanting to apply bandaids to serious wounds. Perhaps
you just don't appreciate the seriousness of the problem. My guess is
you don't believe me when I say that AM has lost nearly all of its
listeners how are younger than 50, but it is a fact.

Actually, I have the real ratings data and you do not.

And the AM issue is one of quality, not of listeners per se. FM has solid
listening, over 95% usage per week, from age 12 up to over 65. What we have
here is a challenge to improve AM quality, and the only way is a system that
is compatible with FM digital. And that is HD.

The only thing I've noticed is that your Troll posts are up 100% in the
news group.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California