Old November 4th 03, 01:55 AM
Cecil Moore

Wes Stewart wrote:
You are comparing a mess of wire with a ideal lumped inductor. Apples
and oranges.

Not my fault. Why does EZNEC treat these two inductances so differently?

If you really want to model this stuff accurately take a few hundred
$K out of your next retirement check and buy a high frequency
structure simulator.

No thanks, Wes. I can live without that. But let me ask you a question.
If there is a one degree delay through one foot of copper wire, how
can there be a zero delay through 20 feet of wire coiled into a one
foot coil? Given the pressure on the electrons, one would expect
20 times the delay through the coil as through the one foot wire.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp