Old September 12th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
static static is offline

Default Very short duration skip

On Sep 7, 10:27 pm, Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello All:

Anybody getting DX skip stations that come in and go in a matter of only
a few seconds. I have a 2 and a 4 element quad beam antenna up and
testing. I have this fast in and out skip stations on all of my antennas.

Jay in the Mojave

It may be that you are getting short propagation events from the
ionized tails of meteors reflecting distant signals .
There have been long-haul comm systems built to utilize this effect,
they sound for a path and send a data burst when there is an open
path.
phil