Old September 12th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
K3HVG[_2_] K3HVG[_2_] is offline

Default HQ100 alignment

Nelson Gietz wrote:
Hi all,
Has anyone got detailed and correct info on
aligning a Hammarlund HQ100? The admittedly
poor copy I have seems to advise tuning the RF
input transformer T1 at 6 mHz, which is impossible...
it's the BC band.
Maybe a decimal disappeared on this print?
Hopefully,
Nelson

Nelson, I'm looking at an original HQ-100 book. There us no reference
in the book for an adjustment at 6 MHz. As I read the alignment
pictorial (Figure 7), the left rear-most can (T-1 antenna) is adjusted
at .6 MHz. The right, front-most can (L-3 oscillator)is adjusted as
follows: top slug is adjusted at .6 MHz, the bottom slug at 1.65 MHz.
Does this help?