Old September 12th 07, 05:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default HQ100 alignment

Hi all,
Has anyone got detailed and correct info on
aligning a Hammarlund HQ100? The admittedly
poor copy I have seems to advise tuning the RF
input transformer T1 at 6 mHz, which is impossible...
it's the BC band.
Maybe a decimal disappeared on this print?
Hopefully,
Nelson

Old September 12th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Hi,

Possibly 0.6 MHz, or 600KHz.

Tuneup for most any RX is the same.... twiddle the coil at the low end of
the scale, cap for the high. At least so I was taught.

Cheers,
__
Gregg

Old September 12th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 9/11/07 9:37 PM, in article , "Nelson
Gietz" wrote:

Hi all,
Has anyone got detailed and correct info on
aligning a Hammarlund HQ100? The admittedly
poor copy I have seems to advise tuning the RF
input transformer T1 at 6 mHz, which is impossible...
it's the BC band.
Maybe a decimal disappeared on this print?
Hopefully,
Nelson

you can download the manual from BAMA. 6 mHz is correct for one part of the
alignment. It doesn't matter what the band is used for.

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/

Old September 12th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 9/11/07 9:37 PM, in article ,

"Nelson
Gietz" wrote:

Hi all,
Has anyone got detailed and correct info on
aligning a Hammarlund HQ100? The admittedly
poor copy I have seems to advise tuning the RF
input transformer T1 at 6 mHz, which is impossible...
it's the BC band.
Maybe a decimal disappeared on this print?
Hopefully,
Nelson

you can download the manual from BAMA. 6 mHz is correct for one part of

the
alignment. It doesn't matter what the band is used for.

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/

Thanks geek, Deek, and Don;
I'm using the BAMA manual. Still think a decimal
is not showing up on at least part of this copy. Will
try to psych it out.
Cheers,
Nelson

Old September 12th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Nelson Gietz wrote:
Hi all,
Has anyone got detailed and correct info on
aligning a Hammarlund HQ100? The admittedly
poor copy I have seems to advise tuning the RF
input transformer T1 at 6 mHz, which is impossible...
it's the BC band.
Maybe a decimal disappeared on this print?
Hopefully,
Nelson

Nelson, I'm looking at an original HQ-100 book. There us no reference
in the book for an adjustment at 6 MHz. As I read the alignment
pictorial (Figure 7), the left rear-most can (T-1 antenna) is adjusted
at .6 MHz. The right, front-most can (L-3 oscillator)is adjusted as
follows: top slug is adjusted at .6 MHz, the bottom slug at 1.65 MHz.
Does this help?

Old September 13th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:59:59 -0500, Nelson Gietz wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 9/11/07 9:37 PM, in article ,

"Nelson
Gietz" wrote:

Hi all,
Has anyone got detailed and correct info on
aligning a Hammarlund HQ100? The admittedly
poor copy I have seems to advise tuning the RF
input transformer T1 at 6 mHz, which is impossible...
it's the BC band.
Maybe a decimal disappeared on this print?
Hopefully,
Nelson

you can download the manual from BAMA. 6 mHz is correct for one part of

the
alignment. It doesn't matter what the band is used for.

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/

Thanks geek, Deek, and Don;
I'm using the BAMA manual. Still think a decimal
is not showing up on at least part of this copy. Will
try to psych it out.
Cheers,
Nelson

Cheers!

Good luck with the old girl :-)
__
Gregg
Old September 17th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"K3HVG" wrote in message
Nelson Gietz wrote:
Hi all,
Has anyone got detailed and correct info on
aligning a Hammarlund HQ100? The admittedly
poor copy I have seems to advise tuning the RF
input transformer T1 at 6 mHz, which is impossible...
it's the BC band.
Maybe a decimal disappeared on this print?
Hopefully,
Nelson

Nelson, I'm looking at an original HQ-100 book. There us no reference
in the book for an adjustment at 6 MHz. As I read the alignment
pictorial (Figure 7), the left rear-most can (T-1 antenna) is adjusted
at .6 MHz. The right, front-most can (L-3 oscillator)is adjusted as
follows: top slug is adjusted at .6 MHz, the bottom slug at 1.65 MHz.
Does this help?

Yes, very much... that's exactly what I was hoping for. The BAMA Djvu
and .pdf files are okay, but one does not show a decimal, and the other
shows only a vestige... not much more than a pixel. If you blow it up
enough
on a graphics program, it's visible. That's a hazard with using scans, I
guess.
Along with some other things, it seems the primary on T1 got cooked at
some time, and the rewind job was simply hand-spinning some enameled
solid on there. It's in very good hands now, getting what I expect will be
an excellent rewind... although we're still working out turn count and wire
gauge for it.
Nelson

Old September 18th 07, 11:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

If you're so inclined, and the re-wind isn't successful, give me the p/n
on the can and I'll see if I have one, here. I've had to scrap several
beyond-all-hope Hammarlunds and maybe I have the correct can. de K3HVG

Old September 19th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"K3HVG" wrote in message
. ..
If you're so inclined, and the re-wind isn't successful, give me the p/n
on the can and I'll see if I have one, here. I've had to scrap several
beyond-all-hope Hammarlunds and maybe I have the correct can. de K3HVG

Thanks for the offer... I'll keep it in mind. After I sent the one
off for rewind I was thinking maybe I should have looked inside the
other three first. Continuity was good on all of them... but this one
had been "rewound".
Cheers,
Nelson

alignment?? JArthur CB 6 June 21st 05 03:07 PM
Help with SP-600 alignment Jim Mandaville Boatanchors 1 January 29th 05 03:02 PM
HQ100 Alignment Procedure? DesignGuy Boatanchors 0 October 27th 03 02:21 PM
HQ100 Alignment Procedure? DesignGuy Boatanchors 0 October 27th 03 02:21 PM
SX-71 alignment Jos Boatanchors 2 July 28th 03 09:06 PM