Old September 30th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default Help with H89/H19

msg wrote:
Indeed, using the terminal portion has merit, but why not also
add the missing floppy (I presume it is just the 5 1/4" drive
that you lack)? Look in dumpsters, curbside, surplus and
thrift stores for any old XT-clone to rescue a full-height
floppy

All the software is gone--damaged by two many years of garage and
basement storage, and I finally got up the courage to discard the
remains.

Also, the "hard-sector" disks these things used are not as easy to find.
I actually have some old Wintel boxes with soft-sector drives.

My H89 drive is not actually missing--it is "out-of-alignment"
and I don't have the tools to fix that.

There's anyway no particular value to me any more in running
HDOS or CP/M. It's been too long--I grew accustomed to AmigaDOS,
and then to MacOS 9, and now Mac OS X (with Solaris, Linux, and
FreeBSD for off-loading non-user-interface tasks)

Hey, an alternate idea: Anyone in northeast Indiana want to bring
over a serial terminal long enough to reinstall and configure Solaris
and Kubuntu, and take what's left of the Heathkit as my inadequate
"thank you" ? :-)

--
Wes Groleau

"There ain't nothin' in this world that's worth being a snot over."
-- Larry Wall