Old October 2nd 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default HD radio won't just go away.

On Oct 1, 12:33 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

oups.com...

I am not a 'share'.
- - - I don't believe that anyone here considers themselves
to be a 'share'. {except you}

I am not a 'statistical sample'.
- - - I don't believe that anyone here considers themselves
to be a 'statistical sample'. {except you}

I am not a 'number'
- - - I don't believe that anyone here considers themselves
to be a 'number'. {except you}

I AM AN AVID RADIO LISTENER [.] -and- I BELIEVE EVERYONE
HERE IS AN AVID RADIO LISTENER ! {EXCEPT YOU}

-
- The economic model of radio, that which allows all but a handful
- of AMs to operate, is based on selling sets of ears to advertisers.
- If it is not possible to get lots of ears in a particular area, such
as
- the fringe extremes of daytime coverage or via skywave at night,
- then there is no way to create value for an advertiser.
-
- Only with ad support can stations provide any kind of quality
- programming. You only get ad support if there are listeners.
-
- A "share" is actually directly translatable into a finite number
- of people, so "shares" are people, listeners, humans. That is
- because it is a percentage of the total number of people listening
- to radio in a given time period. Every share level in each market
- translates into a specific number of listeners or a ratings number.
- Share = people listening = rating. Three ways to express the
- same number, based on individual people listening.
-
- Without this data, there would be no way to price advertising,
- and radio would have a totally different sales model.

Dang d'Eduardo - Another Robot Answer !

hello - someone please check his programming
-cause- he is stuck in a 'share' loop ~ RHF

ears = share people listening rating share . . .
- - - subroutine : economic model of radio