Old September 22nd 04, 02:06 PM
moth .

Thank you, everyone for helping me. The handyman just came up. I could
have sworn I tried this with nothing plugged in but the hair dryer seems
to have been the problem. There's a reset button which was off (when you
turned the dryer on, it stops it from working),

When this button is off, the socket buzzes when I key the HT. When the
button is reset, no buzzing. We tried it in another kitchen outlet and
it did the same thing. So it's not the outlet that needs fixing. What's
happening technically is beyond me. If anyone understands this, I'd
appreciate an explanation. I am wondering how much of this may be due to
old coax. I'm careful to not crush it...the window is never tight, I
always leave a space.