Old October 4th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dave Dave is offline

Default BBC Shortwave Broadcasts Returning to USA?

"tom k in L.A." wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone else heard that BBC is considering resuming shortwave
broadcasts to the USA? Apparently they said that 66% of their
listeners still listen via shortwave and that the pace of decline is
slowing to a trickle. This might mean a resumption of broadcasts that
were hastily cancelled with little thought?

Haven't heard anything, but I would welcome such action. I now depend on
BBC to SE Asia and Radio Netherlands for my primary overseas news, as well
as Voice of Turkey occasionally. Definetly miss the BBC broadcasts to USA,
or even Australasia.

Dave