Old October 4th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default BBC Shortwave Broadcasts Returning to USA?

On Oct 4, 7:31 am, bpnjensen wrote:
On Oct 4, 7:18 am, David wrote:

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 02:35:51 -0000, "tom k in L.A."

wrote:
Has anyone else heard that BBC is considering resuming shortwave
broadcasts to the USA? Apparently they said that 66% of their
listeners still listen via shortwave and that the pace of decline is
slowing to a trickle. This might mean a resumption of broadcasts that
were hastily cancelled with little thought?

Dream on. The BBCWS sounds terrible on HF.

Funny - I've never noticed this, whether directed toward the US or
another continent. Always sounded fine to me...

Bruce Jensen

BpnJ - Ditto BBC sounds very good here in Twain Harte, CA
on the High Frequency Bands with the : Grundig Satellit 800
Millennium Radio and a 100 Foot Random Wire Antenna;
and these 'portable' AM & FM Shortwave Radio
Eton E1 and RF Systems DX-One Professional MkII Antenna
Redsun RP2100 off the Whip Antenna
Sony ICF-SW7600GR off the Whip Antenna

~ RHF