Old October 5th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rachael Caldwell Rachael Caldwell is offline

Default Tonight's Shortwave Schedule American Stations

The initial signing of the Federation's charter included Vulcan, Andoria,
Earth, Tellaria, and others. There are no correlations with today's times.

"DrArtaud" wrote in message
"Rachael Caldwell" wrote in
news:QbydnfLIasPtzZjanZ2dnUVZ_gidnZ2d@wideopenwest .com:

OK,

In other words, the UFP is to protect the other planets from the
Klingons, Romulans, etc, and the UFP's sole apparent ally (in the older
Star Trek shows) was Vulcan. Do we see some correlation to the U.S. and
Israel, with all the other countries representing boogey men? Maybe it's
time we begin to concern ourselves with removing the plank from our own
eyes before we worry about the mote in our brother's eyes. Too many
people continue to suffer and die (both American Soldiers and Iraqis
citizens) for a pointless and apparently never ending conflict.

By the way, with a new 32 inch High Definition TV, allow me to tell you
that the Spock has a deplorable complexion, something that makes one not
appreciate the wonders of HDTV. I still read books, they are as low
definition as you get. I believe that we are all being snookered for
this digital garbage in under false pretenses. Other than the new market
of replacing existing equipment, likely every 5 years or so as they
change formats, I do not believe that our lives will be substantially
improved. I look through Direct TV's Pay-per-View offerings last night
including a couple staying at a motel that comes to realize that they are
going to be used for a snuff film, and several serial killer flicks.
Like we need HD for garbage like that.

Live long and prosper.

Regards.

Dr. Artaud

As a citizen of a planet that is a Member In Good Standing of the UFP
& a graduate of Starfleet Academy, I must protest your slanderous
comments. The purpose of the Prime Directive is to protect other
planets from interference by the UFP as well as to help those planets
that have united themselves ("grown up"), to introduce them to the
larger galactic community & to offer membership in the UFP so that
they can learn from other member planets, share in the resources &
protect them from the hostile confederations that would take advantage
of them or attempt to conquer them.

So there.