Old October 2nd 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Tonight's Shortwave Schedule American Stations

Brother Stair on 3 frequencies, probably all day.

Pastor Peters on 3 frequencies, probably all day.

Some bubbly Christian shows thrown in for the heck of it.

12.180 Idled, 5.050 Idled.

Does it seem to you than the endless Christian content of American
Stations is likely prematurely putting the death knell to American
Broadcasts. Sure, if they are Christian Stations, they can program what
they wish. But fire breathing preachers teaching damnation for anyone
that commits the slightest sin (and all Catholics), this can't be good
for Shortwave.

You know, it would be possible to play some old time radio shows,
comedies hopefully, without offending the sensibilities of people that
desperately seek to assure that everyone, save the followers of their
particular religion, is going to go to hell. It's oppressive to hear
this stuff. I don't listen (maybe to some Pastor Peters and some Pastor
Butch Paugh (whom also hates Catholics)), but strolling back and forth
along the frequencies produces an endless cacophony of preachers
spitting fire from the pulpit.

I previously listened to John Stadtmiller and RBN, but this ****head
decided to go off of shortwave altogether. Nice, thanks for the warning
John, nice that you sold shortwave radios to the suckers. Now he's
selling satellite receivers. Do I perceive another branch of suckers
when John has another hissy fit and decides to stop broadcasting over
satellite as well. John broadcasts to a paranoid audience and expects
his listeners to download or listen live to his online shows everyday.
Right. No tracking possible there.

Oh, there's the Power Hour. How a 3 hour show was named the "Power Hour"
is beyond me. Anyway, they are not tailored for the working man. Can't
listen in the morning because I'm at work, can't listen at night,
because I'm asleep. Same same with Alex Jones. They have the retired,
shift workers, homebound, and housewives for an audience. That's all.
Sure, I can download the Podcasts, but I like the Radio, I like to
tolerate the vicissitudes of the transmission. I recently bought a High
Definition TV, my life has not been enhanced. Now I am acutely aware of
how bad Spock's (from Star Trek) complexion is, like I need to see deep
pits in his face. Same with shortwave. It's not the shows, it the
ability to listen to the shows on the radio. Without the radio
interface, it's simply no fun. I write and research with my computer, I
don't listen to it. I am not going to drag my computer from room to room
to listen to John Stadtmiller's stupid internet shows.

I listen to Pat Kiley, good show, and the Last Round-up when I remember
to listen to it. Believe it or not, I listen to that ****head Rick
Wiles, at least it's something other than the usual damnation stuff.

Foreign radio? Patooie. (simulated spitting sound). My goodness, it's as
bad as listening to NPR in this country. Don't any of them speak in a
normal voice, why are they always on the verge of whispering?

I have $2000 in shortwave equipment and nothing to listen to that holds
my attention. I didn't expect shortwave to be so monotonous so quickly.
If it weren't for WBCQ you wouldn't be able to listen to an American
shortwave broadcaster for 5 minutes without hearing the usual salvation
stuff.

Regards to all.

Artaud
Old October 2nd 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 6:15 pm, "Dr. Artaud" wrote:
[...]

Utilities are more interesting anyway.

Old October 4th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote in
oups.com:

Utilities are more interesting anyway.

Does it seem to you than the endless Christian content of American
Stations is likely prematurely putting the death knell to American
Broadcasts. Sure, if they are Christian Stations, they can program
what they wish. But fire breathing preachers teaching damnation for
anyone that commits the slightest sin (and all Catholics), this can't
be good for Shortwave.

Nevertheless, too much Christian is sure to be the doom for American
Shortwave Broadcasters. As a nation we pontificate enough as it is. The
irony of the Prime Directive on Star Trek. Never interfere. Odd wasn't
it that virtually every planet they went to, they changed the populace
to suit the needs of the Federation.

Did someone realize even back then that this would be played out in
later years by our country and it's fickle Regime Changes. And the
remaining Shortwave Shows, they are given prime times and good
frequencies if they disparage Muslims. Look at the "Right Perspective",
this is real fare for a Christian Station. The ex-cohorts of Hal Turner.
This is, without a doubt, the most ironic show that I have heard on
Christian stations.

The odd thing about the Christians is that they hate each other as much
as they hate the Muslims. If you don't adhere to the exact belief system
that they (the Christians) have, you are going to be damned. Sounds like
the Star Trek stuff, no tolerance for other cultures that don't adhere
to the Federation beliefs.

So we have Religious Broadcasters running interference for Israel by
putting the political shows with views not favorable to Israel on
obscure stations that broadcast to the north pole. Essentially that is
what happened to Stadtmiller's shows. I have the broadcast pattern for
12.180 and 5.050. Due North.

After listening for years to the Alex Jones show and the Power Hour, as
they have increasingly been critical of Israel, they somehow magically
no longer have sufficient signal strength to be heard at my locale. Odd.
Problem is that almost all of the political shows are now critical of
Israel. (except the vomitus bubbly Christian shows where the hosts speak
like Ned Flanders and his wife, any casualties of U.S. Citizens to
promote the interests of Israel are fine in their book).

So here we sit, Political shows gone, (except for Monday and Wednesday,
Pat Kiley is on tonight at 0000 UTC). repeated religious shows and shows
with dead hosts abound. Great work broadcasters. You're destroying
Shortwave much faster than it should have occurred.

Dr. Artaud
Old October 4th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 3, 4:17 pm, "Dr. Artaud" wrote:
Steve wrote groups.com:

[...]

the american shortwave scene is pathetic and an embarrassment.
definitely doesn't put the US best foot forward.

Old October 5th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Rachael Caldwell" wrote in
news:QbydnfLIasPtzZjanZ2dnUVZ_gidnZ2d@wideopenwest .com:

OK,

In other words, the UFP is to protect the other planets from the
Klingons, Romulans, etc, and the UFP's sole apparent ally (in the older
Star Trek shows) was Vulcan. Do we see some correlation to the U.S. and
Israel, with all the other countries representing boogey men? Maybe it's
time we begin to concern ourselves with removing the plank from our own
eyes before we worry about the mote in our brother's eyes. Too many
people continue to suffer and die (both American Soldiers and Iraqis
citizens) for a pointless and apparently never ending conflict.

By the way, with a new 32 inch High Definition TV, allow me to tell you
that the Spock has a deplorable complexion, something that makes one not
appreciate the wonders of HDTV. I still read books, they are as low
definition as you get. I believe that we are all being snookered for
this digital garbage in under false pretenses. Other than the new market
of replacing existing equipment, likely every 5 years or so as they
change formats, I do not believe that our lives will be substantially
improved. I look through Direct TV's Pay-per-View offerings last night
including a couple staying at a motel that comes to realize that they are
going to be used for a snuff film, and several serial killer flicks.
Like we need HD for garbage like that.

Live long and prosper.

Regards.

Dr. Artaud

As a citizen of a planet that is a Member In Good Standing of the UFP
& a graduate of Starfleet Academy, I must protest your slanderous
comments. The purpose of the Prime Directive is to protect other
planets from interference by the UFP as well as to help those planets
that have united themselves ("grown up"), to introduce them to the
larger galactic community & to offer membership in the UFP so that
they can learn from other member planets, share in the resources &
protect them from the hostile confederations that would take advantage
of them or attempt to conquer them.

So there.

Old October 5th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 4, 5:19 pm, DrArtaud wrote:
[...]

Na-no, Na-no ! - Orkan speak for "Aloha"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nano

As a citizen of a planet that is a Member In Good Standing of the UFP
& a graduate of Starfleet Academy, I must protest your slanderous
comments. The purpose of the Prime Directive is to protect other
planets from interference by the UFP as well as to help those planets
that have united themselves ("grown up"), to introduce them to the
larger galactic community & to offer membership in the UFP so that
they can learn from other member planets, share in the resources &
protect them from the hostile confederations that would take advantage
of them or attempt to conquer them.

So there.- Hide quoted text -