Old October 11th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.physics.electromag
oriel36[_2_] oriel36[_2_] is offline

Default Receiving 2 GHz AM signals in space. What do they sound like?

On 10 Oct, 21:11, Cecil Moore wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
"'Scientific people,' proceeded the Time Traveller, after the pause
required for the proper assimilation of this, 'know very well that
Time is only a kind of Space. "

I agree. I think time, like universal expansion,
is an illusion akin to a religion. I tend to agree
with Julian Barbour in, "The End Of Time".

What we experience as a "passing-of-time event",
is only a change whose probability function has
collapsed. The past is *where* (not when) all
probability functions have collapsed. The future
is *where* (not when) no probability functions have
collapsed. Time, after all, is only a physical
dimensional *change* in the rotation of the earth
and/or in earth's orbit around the sun.

IMO, time is no more real than the Sun-God riding
his chariot across the sky every day. Any equation
that contains a time term needs to take that into
account.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

I see billions of dollars will be spent on investigating 'dark matter'
and 'dark energy' and that scam takes some doing but it pales in
comparison to the original imaginative junk of Newton/Flamsteed.

You have all the self-assurances of somebody who truly believes in
what would normally be harmless nonsense but unfortunately the same
people who believe in the junk are commenting on climate as 'experts'.