Old October 15th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.radio.shortwave
eljainc eljainc is offline

Default Improve FM reception: any boosters or better antennas to use?

Hello,

I recently purchased a Harman Kardon AVR receiver. I put it down in my
basement. The FM reception is very poor, even with the included FM
antenna. I tried to move it around to different positions to see how
it affects reception. I noticed that if I held the antenna it seemed
to work a little better. Once I let go the reception was poor again.

What FM antenna boosters are available (for a reasonably price, under
say $25) will allow me to get better FM stereo reception?

Thanks

Mike McWhinney