Old October 18th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default New antenna

On 17 Oct, 21:56, Roy Lewallen wrote:
wrote:

I especially liked the experts who wouldn't use a B&W antenna under
any circumstance because it was inefficient. Even when the uses
included ALE, frequent frequency changes, and use in hostile
environments. They just gotta squeeze every last db out of a piece of
wire.

Any "expert" who doesn't consider the application is no expert at all,
and certainly not even a competent engineer. Who are these people you're
speaking of, and why do you consider them "experts"?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Interesting aproach as to what a good engineer is.
It goes without saying that the application has to be considered, even
Yogi Bear
would have come up with a better one than that and he is not an
engineer.
As an engineer myself I consider a engineer or "expert" is one that
will consider
anything unless science has definitely ruled it out and that doesn't
neccesarily
include what has been written before the question arises. Natuarally
that means
not ruling out trying ANYTHING unless one considers their minds
developed enough
that it is satisfactory to go thru the thought processes only.
On that basis this newsgroup is full of fake " experts"!
Art KB9MZ