Old October 19th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default New patent application rules

In reading up on the new rules for patent continuations and cost
changes e.t.c.
I decided to review patents applied lately for antennas.
To my surprise I could not find any new listing of a patent request on
antennas from private entities.
Applications listed were only those that had transferred direct
authority in dealing with the patent office
Now I know personally that there are patents applied for by the
inventors themselves so why are they kept secret
from the public at large? I am guessing but I can only assume that a
private claim can obtain authority
to change content later with the examiners assistance where-as others
cannot. If so this can affect the new continuance rulings immensly.
Vincent got his antenna continuance claims in just about a month
before the rules changed. Rules have also been revised on the
substance of claims presumably to retard the increasing number of
counter claims tho no doubt it will open more paths to circumvent
existing patents. Just like politics, the more you revise policy the
more you increase loopholes and the more money exchanges hands between
those who introduce "corrective" additions. Some fees have gone up by
3% which is rare considering present social security increases so the
PTO at Crystal City is being really genourous
Art Unwin KB9MZ......xg