Old October 23rd 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default WTD: Heathkit HR-10B mods

"CP" ) writes:
Anyone have a copy of the magazine article (73?) that is purported to have
modifications for the Heathkit HR-10B ham band receiver? While in Boston, I
picked up one of these little green guys at the MIT monthly ham flea market
this weekend and before I go through the radio, I'd like to get my ducks in
a row, modification-wise.
thanks
Bob
kb8tl at yahoo dot com

But which article? The one in 1967, which was the "Canadian Issue" so it
must have been July? That one was written by a Canadian, and I can't remember
what was in there.

There was also one in the November 1972 issue of 73, again I can't remember
what was in there.

I also think there might have been a brief bit somewhere along the way, of
a power supply modification, but that might have been in one of the major
articles.

I can picture both articles as having a few mods each, but I may
be mixing them up. Somewhere in one of them was a bit about improving
the selectivity, which is the most specific detail I remember.

Michael VE2BVW