Old October 23rd 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Nelson Ogden Nelson Ogden is offline

Default Long Range Wireless Network

An ISP in my area has a rather large wireless network established, probably 30 miles from main office to my end of their network. I am at the far end of the network, about 12 access points "deep", meaning my traffic hops through 12 bridges-access points (repeaters) before it reaches the ISP's backbone. It works fairly well for internet browsing, better than I would have thought, but I've never tried internet telephony or video conferencing. That ISP is using 802.11b radios throughout the network, so the network certainly can't handle a lot of internet traffic, but it works.