Old October 26th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David David is offline

Default Don't Touch That Dial

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:41:22 -0700, IBOCcrock
wrote:

On Oct 25, 10:03 am, David wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 03:04:41 -0700, wrote:
"Don't Touch That Dial"

"HD Radio addresses will be much like my apartment building. And
hunting for one of those extra digital channels could be like hunting
for me. The number on my building is 15. To find which apartment I'm
in somebody must first get inside the building, not easy as there are
codes, locks, bars, guards and dogs. To find the digital channel
adjacent to an FM channel - call it HD2 - you must first,
figuratively, get inside the building - tune to the main FM channel -
so your receiver can lock-on to the digital signal. Who's going to go
through all that trouble? Nobody, said Bob Harper's study... Are there
any other reasons why the digital choice around the world is iPod?"

http://followthemedia.com/alldigital/dial25102007.htm

Yup, yup, yup!

Ipod is a fashion statement. The guy in the world next to mine has an
Ipod and he listens to the same **** over and over. I find satellite
radio much easier. Turn on, tune in, bliss out.- Hide quoted text -

Slacker.com creams all of them!

Turn on a computer to hear music?