Old October 25th 07, 11:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Don't Touch That Dial

"Don't Touch That Dial"

"HD Radio addresses will be much like my apartment building. And
hunting for one of those extra digital channels could be like hunting
for me. The number on my building is 15. To find which apartment I'm
in somebody must first get inside the building, not easy as there are
codes, locks, bars, guards and dogs. To find the digital channel
adjacent to an FM channel - call it HD2 - you must first,
figuratively, get inside the building - tune to the main FM channel -
so your receiver can lock-on to the digital signal. Who's going to go
through all that trouble? Nobody, said Bob Harper's study... Are there
any other reasons why the digital choice around the world is iPod?"

http://followthemedia.com/alldigital/dial25102007.htm

Yup, yup, yup!

Old October 25th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 25, 10:03 am, David wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 03:04:41 -0700, wrote:
"Don't Touch That Dial"

"HD Radio addresses will be much like my apartment building. And
hunting for one of those extra digital channels could be like hunting
for me. The number on my building is 15. To find which apartment I'm
in somebody must first get inside the building, not easy as there are
codes, locks, bars, guards and dogs. To find the digital channel
adjacent to an FM channel - call it HD2 - you must first,
figuratively, get inside the building - tune to the main FM channel -
so your receiver can lock-on to the digital signal. Who's going to go
through all that trouble? Nobody, said Bob Harper's study... Are there
any other reasons why the digital choice around the world is iPod?"

http://followthemedia.com/alldigital/dial25102007.htm

Yup, yup, yup!

Ipod is a fashion statement. The guy in the world next to mine has an
Ipod and he listens to the same **** over and over. I find satellite
radio much easier. Turn on, tune in, bliss out.- Hide quoted text -

Slacker.com creams all of them!

Old October 26th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:41:22 -0700, IBOCcrock
wrote:

On Oct 25, 10:03 am, David wrote:
[...]

Turn on a computer to hear music?
Old October 26th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:

On Oct 25, 10:03 am, David wrote:
[...]

David, AGREED ! ~ RHF

DOH ! - Internet Radio Ain't Radio [.]
Having to first Turn-On a Home Computer and then
Daisy-Chain it into a Re-Broadcast System to then
Turn-On an Audio Output 'device' AIN'T Radio.

-but- When Internet Radio becomes as easy as a "Toaster"
to Plug into the AC Outlet and Phone Line; and simply
Turn-It-On then it may have a 'chance' -but- WiFi and
Networking with a Home PC is not an EveryMan solution
/ alternative to a Free Over-the-Air Radio Broadcast and
Easy {Care-Free} Radio Listening.

Plus it should Cost-No-More-Than an Average Priced
Toaster, Blender, Coffee Maker or Clock Radio.

Simplicity and Easy-of-Use is where XM and Sirius
Satellite Radio have it all over so called Internet Radio.
1 - Plug the Satellite Radio 'In'
2 - Connect the Antenna
3 - Turn-It-On
4 - Turn-In and Enjoy Listening
Oops - It Ain't Free ! - The Never Ending Monthly Fee . . .

IBOC Crock - You are not only Anti-IBOC -but-
You Are Also 'Anti' Free Over-the-Air Radio Too !

iboc crock - your's is a say life - happy to be me )
- happy to be able to listen to 'free' radio ~ RHF

Old October 27th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:48:38 -0700, RHF
wrote:

Oops - It Ain't Free ! - The Never Ending Monthly Fee . . .

It's worth $13 a month to not be subjected to lowest common
denominator crap from Dwardo's minions.

Radio 4 tomorrow (Monday) evening - 20:30 Don't Touch that Dial Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 2nd 05 06:49 PM
FS:Regency Touch 100 Scanner N2BR Swap 0 August 14th 04 10:28 PM
New Touch Paddle / Keyer Cwtouchkeyer General 0 July 16th 04 01:00 AM
P-Touch Labeler? Rob Mills Homebrew 6 January 4th 04 06:36 AM
P-Touch Labeler? Rob Mills Homebrew 0 January 3rd 04 01:48 AM