Old November 7th 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rick Rick is offline

Default 80m Vertical over lossy soil

You are simply comparing two verticals.

I don't see why you say that. One is mounted on the ground with 16 radials,
the other is simply 2 pcs of wire up 60 feet, with 120 degree included angle
in my example, although I can change the angle just by typing over top of the
120 I can make it anything I want.
My point was, a lot of people think that if they put up a vertical, even
taking care to put a good radial field under it, and they get a low angle of
radiation, they have the ultimate single element DX antenna. In fact, when
you take losses into consideration a simple inverted vee beats it at all angle
over 10 degrees and equals it below 10 degrees. I think that is a pretty
significant statement.

Rick K2XT