Old November 11th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mr. Newt Mr. Newt is offline

Default shortwave to am radio converter

Twenty + years back I followed the directions out of a radio magazine to
make a shortwave to am car radio converter. I'm not talking about a kit.
I'm talking about winding the coil around a piece broom handle (cut to
length), wiring it to a very simple circuit including a air variable
capacitor and maybe a transistor (or two?), and putting it in a box. Danged
thing worked great and was fun to play with.

Anybody have a link to site that has instructions to build something like
that?

Thanks.