Old November 11th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default shortwave to am radio converter

Twenty + years back I followed the directions out of a radio magazine to
make a shortwave to am car radio converter. I'm not talking about a kit.
I'm talking about winding the coil around a piece broom handle (cut to
length), wiring it to a very simple circuit including a air variable
capacitor and maybe a transistor (or two?), and putting it in a box. Danged
thing worked great and was fun to play with.

Anybody have a link to site that has instructions to build something like
that?

Thanks.

Old November 11th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Simple -DIY- Shortwave to AM Radio Converter Circuit

On Nov 11, 8:27 am, "Mr. Newt" wrote:
- Twenty + years back I followed the directions out of a radio
- magazine to make a shortwave to am car radio converter.
- I'm not talking about a kit.
- I'm talking about winding the coil around a piece broom handle
- (cut to length), wiring it to a very simple circuit including a air
- variable capacitor and maybe a transistor (or two?), and putting
- it in a box.
- Danged thing worked great and was fun to play with.
-
- Anybody have a link to site that has instructions to build
0 something like that?
-
- Thanks.
-

Mr. Newt,

Simple -DIY- Shortwave to AM Radio Converter Circuit

# 2 - Shortwave Converter -aka- SW Converter Circuit
* A SIMPLE SHORTWAVE CONVERTER.
To use, place L3 near the AM Radio's LoopStick Atenna
(no need to remove the case) and attach some ...
-source- www.qsl.net/mnqrp/converter.htm
-by- Bob Liesenfeld [WB0POQ]

More Info -via- Google Search : "Converter AM Radio to Shortwave"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...o+to+Shortwave