Old November 16th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default RSGB RadCom December 2007 Issue

On 15 Nov, 18:25, "Mike Kaliski" wrote:
"art" wrote in message news:3bd68052-1537-4b55-a745-

snip

Oh my, you sound so upset.
Your theory used in Eznec was designed
around known "reality" because you found the need to add the proviso
that there was a sino soidal current at all points on the radiator.
Number one, it is not legitamate to add a proviso or a special
condition
to a known law.( Electrical or Mechanical)
Number two It becomes a worse problem when the proviso added is in
error.
Number three, You should not retain a proviso if it proves incorrect .
The fact that present theory has passed the test of time means
nothing.
The threat of retaliation trumps science when humans are concerned.
Gallilao never saw the day that the earth was proven round which
stood the test for a very very long time.
But you could explain to the world how a sino soidal current passes
thru
a distributed capacitance and still retain its properties as it
encounters every segment. This is per the proviso you have placed
with
existing Maxwell's laws with respect to your computor program.
But no you can't! Until then I don't think you are equipped to say
that written theory can be taken as fact.Especially when known laws
are twisted so you can gyrate your program to known reality.
The old saying still stands, Garbage in will produce garbage out
unless the outputs are subject to reprocessing !

Art Unwin...KB9MZ

snip

Art,

I'm sure Roy is quite capable of defending himself against your accusations,
but I think you are being a trifle unfair. EZNEC is a simulation designed to
predict the performance of an antenna design. Being a simulation, certain
assumptions and approximations have to be made in order for it to work. The
fact is that in most situations it does provide an accurate prediction of
antenna performance. There are some special circumstances where it won't.

Integral calculus has been described as one of the greatest advances in
mathematical science, but that is still only an approximation method and
nobody complains about that.

Let's all behave and not argue okay?

Best wishes
Mike G0ULI- Hide quoted text -

But I am behaving. I am sure that both Roy and others who deal with
NEC4
will admit that they have played with the truth with respect to
antenna programs.
I would venture to say that computor programs are good at what they do
but
it is for all the wrong reasons. Maxwell's laws are just that..Laws.
It is mathematically fraudulent to add anything to those laws under
the banner of Maxwell.
When Roy left the ARRL circle he challenged antena companies to verify
their claims
with respect to gain. By the same token I am challenging to prove the
veracity
of the additional statement that a sino soidal current is present at
every segment point.
Not is it only mathematically illegal to modify a law the addition
also defies all electrical laws.
A radiator has distributed capacitance and I am not aware that a
capacitor will
allow the passage of a time varying current, this is what the
programing states.
He ofcourse can justify why he did this to the satisfaction of all but
he cannot justify
the insertion of such.
Now my antenna operates quite nicely following another aproachyet Roy
vehamently
derides this new aproach when he himself cannot verify his own
actions.
Fairness can be seen in different ways. He can be belligerent in
analysing my aproach
yet at the same time defend an action that he cannot prove to be true.
A person always has the right to defend himself especially against
those
who are mentally challenged. When he provides how distributed
capacitance does not affect
the time varient that Maxwell states is a titular point of his laws I
will readily
retract that remark. Until that time I will defend the veracity of my
aproach which
succesfully produces antennas and arrays in a smaller volume that
present theory
predicts as impossible. As an adder, I am discussing antennas and not
"systems" as Roy
would imply.
Nothing personal, Like Reagan I like verification since trust
does not prove to be enough and I will always defend if I am attacked.
Best regards
Cheers with a Black and Tan
Art Unwin.....KB9MZ...xg