Old November 16th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Bill Gunshannon Bill Gunshannon is offline

Default Help with H89/H19

In article ,
msg writes:
Wes Groleau wrote:

snip

Plus, without a floppy drive, the H89 is useless, so this gets
something out of it.

Indeed, using the terminal portion has merit, but why not also
add the missing floppy (I presume it is just the 5 1/4" drive
that you lack)? Look in dumpsters, curbside, surplus and
thrift stores for any old XT-clone to rescue a full-height
floppy

Not likely to find one as the Heathkit computers prior to the
PC world (other than the H8) used hard sectored disks. I can
not remember the last time I saw a 5 1/4" hard sectored drive!!

bill

| and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton |
Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include std.disclaimer.h