Old November 25th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Joseph Fenn Joseph Fenn is offline

Default GMRS

`

Dick

Dick I think direct question to FCC via phone is enuff unless we got
liars at the FCC. Its $100 bux not $85. And as I said these are
sold at Radio Shack and chnls 1-thru 7 require the license.
You dare not open you mouth on those. Chnl 11 is free and clear
and about 4 others also and require no call sines nor charges of
any kind. No ID, nothing. I have mine locked to my wifes on
chnl 11 and though I listen to the licensed chnls some times,
they sound like they are breaking all the rules in the ID.
"hey frank did you finish your job yet"? "Answer no I'm about
to finish shortly" Those are mot even up to CB standards!!!
Joe