Old November 30th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe Analssandrini Joe Analssandrini is offline

Default Shortwave receiver that will integrate with satellite-radiointerface on a car-stereo?

On Nov 29, 2:02 pm, Luke Scharf wrote:
Does a shortwave receiver exist that will integrate with the
satellite-radio interface on a car-stereo?

Ideally, I'd like to plug it in to a JVC radio, along with my ipod --
and hide the whole thing under the dashboard, since I like the looks of
the inside of my car as-is. But, I've Googled around and haven't found
anything.

Thanks,
-Luke

Dear Luke,

Other than attaching a portable shortwave receiver to your car radio
(clumsy at best) or buying the Sony replacement radio mentioned in the
message above, there is another, less expensive, choice, though I'm
not sure that it's exactly what you would want. That is the converter
made by MFJ http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...prodid=MFJ-306
. I have one of these though it's not being used at the present time.

When I had it mounted in my previous car, it worked quite well on
stronger signals. Note that the frequencies received are limited but
often they are all you need. It is very small and can be hidden away,
but you must have easy access to its clarifier knob as you'll be using
it frequently. The converter, being analog, does drift a bit but not
excessively.

I hope this is of interest to you.

Best,

Joe