Old November 29th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Shortwave receiver that will integrate with satellite-radio interfaceon a car-stereo?

Does a shortwave receiver exist that will integrate with the
satellite-radio interface on a car-stereo?

Ideally, I'd like to plug it in to a JVC radio, along with my ipod --
and hide the whole thing under the dashboard, since I like the looks of
the inside of my car as-is. But, I've Googled around and haven't found
anything.

Thanks,
-Luke
Old November 30th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
1 - Shortwave Radio -to- FM Wireless Transmitter

2 - FM Wireless Transmitter -to- The Car's AM/FM Radio

-OR- Sony AM/FM/SW Car Stereo
with MP3/WMA CD player. MP3 player input jack.
http://www.shortwavestore.com/sws/pr...0&cat=0&page=1

Is there a unit with nearly no controls and/or a small remote?

I've seen the Sony XR-CA620X unit, but I had a JVC unit picked out that
I like/liked for other reasons[0]. This Sony unit looks a little bit
more capable -- I'll keep reading and see what I can put together...
There is a lot of useful information on this kind of thing from the
big-stereo crowd.

Thanks for the input,
-Luke

[0] Really good iPod control, compatibility with the odd factory-amp in
my car, compatibility with the steering-wheel buttons in my car, and
also an AM/FM HD radio receiver... Or at least that's what the sales
literature lead me to believe! :-)
Old November 30th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 29, 2:02 pm, Luke Scharf wrote:
Does a shortwave receiver exist that will integrate with the
satellite-radio interface on a car-stereo?

Ideally, I'd like to plug it in to a JVC radio, along with my ipod --
and hide the whole thing under the dashboard, since I like the looks of
the inside of my car as-is. But, I've Googled around and haven't found
anything.

Thanks,
-Luke

Dear Luke,

Other than attaching a portable shortwave receiver to your car radio
(clumsy at best) or buying the Sony replacement radio mentioned in the
message above, there is another, less expensive, choice, though I'm
not sure that it's exactly what you would want. That is the converter
made by MFJ http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...prodid=MFJ-306
. I have one of these though it's not being used at the present time.

When I had it mounted in my previous car, it worked quite well on
stronger signals. Note that the frequencies received are limited but
often they are all you need. It is very small and can be hidden away,
but you must have easy access to its clarifier knob as you'll be using
it frequently. The converter, being analog, does drift a bit but not
excessively.

I hope this is of interest to you.

Best,

Joe
Old December 1st 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Luke Scharf wrote:
RHF wrote:
[...]

Whole House Transmitter Gold