Old December 6th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave, alt.survival
[email protected] swler@live.com is offline

Default Yet another new Email Address.

On Dec 5, 6:51 pm, Luke Scharf wrote:
wrote:
new Email account: swler at live dot com

On the subject of spam, I hope you folks realize that this format is
just as easy to harvest as the regular e-mail address format.... It's
the same grammar (in Computer Science terms), but with a straight-up
substitution for the terms -- and the spam-harvesters have been reading
newsgroups long enough to know to grep for both formats. It's trivial.

Want a real solution? Get a Thawte freemail personal e-mail certificate
(or a similar cert from a competitor). When a enough people do that,
then the e-mail server can just check the cryptographic signature, and
any mail that doesn't have one, or has an incorrect signature, can go to
the suspected-spam folder.

Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Evolution, and other mail clients
already support this kind of thing already support this -- most of you
could send me an encrypted e-mail right now just by pressing the
"security" button in the mail client. (Though my response to won't be
encrypted, unless you get the certificate.)

-Luke

I am not terribly concerned about normal spam. This is a throw away
account
that I will toss if the spam becomes too much. My main concern is the
hate filled
spew that some of the demented denizens of this, and other news
groups, feel
honor bound to send.

I have some small hope that some of the lurkers may have something to
add to
my RFI quest. And I have been rewarded.

Terry