Old December 5th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave, alt.survival

Default Yet another new Email Address.

Since I have just acquired a Drake R8B, a friend suggested that I
change my Email to something more appropriate. So I created a
new Email account: swler at live dot com

I am not interested in heated off line debates over obscure points of
odd technology. However I will try to offer links for any odd subject
I bring up in these 3 groups.

And please let's avoid the all too typical hate filled fan mail.
the live dot com has a nice set of filters, and I intend to use them
to thier
fullest.

The r2000swler, r2000swl @hotmail accounts are dead and gone.

The r2000temp at hotmail dot com and the r2000swl at live dot com
will be checked for a few weeks then abandoned by 2008 01 01.

Terry
Old December 5th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
Since I have just acquired a Drake R8B, a friend suggested that I
change my Email to something more appropriate. So I created a
new Email account: swler at live dot com

I am not interested in heated off line debates over obscure points of
odd technology. However I will try to offer links for any odd subject
I bring up in these 3 groups.

And please let's avoid the all too typical hate filled fan mail.
the live dot com has a nice set of filters, and I intend to use them
to thier
fullest.

The r2000swler, r2000swl @hotmail accounts are dead and gone.

The r2000temp at hotmail dot com and the r2000swl at live dot com
will be checked for a few weeks then abandoned by 2008 01 01.

Terry

Damn Terry, let me be the first to get on your "blocked filters list"

You stuck-up Ass-Hole!!!

Burr
Be sure and get the name right

Old December 5th 07, 11:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 4, 8:15 pm, "Burr" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Man I hope you are joking.

I had you pegged as one of the sane inmates........

Terry
Old December 6th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave, alt.survival

On Dec 5, 6:51 pm, Luke Scharf wrote:
wrote:
new Email account: swler at live dot com

On the subject of spam, I hope you folks realize that this format is
just as easy to harvest as the regular e-mail address format.... It's
the same grammar (in Computer Science terms), but with a straight-up
substitution for the terms -- and the spam-harvesters have been reading
newsgroups long enough to know to grep for both formats. It's trivial.

Want a real solution? Get a Thawte freemail personal e-mail certificate
(or a similar cert from a competitor). When a enough people do that,
then the e-mail server can just check the cryptographic signature, and
any mail that doesn't have one, or has an incorrect signature, can go to
the suspected-spam folder.

Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Evolution, and other mail clients
already support this kind of thing already support this -- most of you
could send me an encrypted e-mail right now just by pressing the
"security" button in the mail client. (Though my response to won't be
encrypted, unless you get the certificate.)

-Luke

I am not terribly concerned about normal spam. This is a throw away
account
that I will toss if the spam becomes too much. My main concern is the
hate filled
spew that some of the demented denizens of this, and other news
groups, feel
honor bound to send.

I have some small hope that some of the lurkers may have something to
add to
my RFI quest. And I have been rewarded.

Terry

Old December 6th 07, 08:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave, alt.survival
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 4, 4:44 pm, wrote:
Since I have just acquired a Drake R8B, a friend suggested that I
change my Email to something more appropriate. So I created a
new Email account: swler at live dot com

I am not interested in heated off line debates over obscure points of
odd technology. However I will try to offer links for any odd subject
I bring up in these 3 groups.

And please let's avoid the all too typical hate filled fan mail.
the live dot com has a nice set of filters, and I intend to use them
to thier
fullest.

The r2000swler, r2000swl @hotmail accounts are dead and gone.

The r2000temp at hotmail dot com and the r2000swl at live dot com
will be checked for a few weeks then abandoned by 2008 01 01.

Terry

New R8B SWL'er,

RL Drake R8 / RBA / R8B Shortwave Receiver Group on Yahoo!
Started : NOV 2001 and Currently has 396 Members
Total Messages : 1342 with a Monthly Average of 18+ Postings

FWIW - If You Are Not A Member of YAHOO! Groups : Then
You may have to become a Member to View and Join a Group.

~ RHF