Old December 10th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave, rec.radio.amateur.misc, rec.antiques.radio+phono
RHF RHF is offline

Default R-390A on E-Screw low bids!

On Dec 9, 7:40 pm, wrote:
On Dec 9, 4:53 pm, "Mike Schultz"
wrote:

Ebay should revamp the feedback system where as the seller cannot receive
a feedback until he/she leaves one to the buyer first.

Not a good idea.

Suppose a crooked seller sends a misrepresented item to the buyer and,
knowing that there will be a complaint, simply doesn't leave any feedback
for the buyer. The buyer is then blocked from giving the seller a
well-deserved negative.

Giving immediate positive feedback to a buyer can be a mistake in case the
buyer is a crook (yes, they exist). The buyer keeps the good item that he
received, and returns a broken or damaged one and demands a refund. The
seller knows that he is being scammed, but having already given a positive
feedback, there's not much he can do. The crooked buyer gets the positive,
and the honest seller either loses his money or gets a negative.

Also not good.

--
Mike Schultz

"Sal Brisindi" wrote in message

Mark S wrote:

Most of the sellers on Ebay won't give feedback to the buyer until the
buyer post positive feedback for them. If a seller shafts the buyer &
the buyer gives negative feedback the seller gives the buyer negative
for no reason other than retaliation. This screws up the whole
feedback thing. When I sell on Ebay, I give the buyer positive
feedback as soon as I receive the payment.

Ebay should revamp the feedback system where as the seller cannot receive
a feedback until he/she leaves one to the buyer first. Like Mark said, the
seller should give feedback as soon as payment has been received as he
fulfilled his obligation. The feedback would way more honest then.

Sal

-
- Ebay favors the seller. No doubt about it.
-

1 - eBay's Business Model starts with the Seller.

2 - eBay Function's as a Seller's Auction Site/Venue.
{Clearing House for Sellers}

3 - The Service that eBay Offers Sellers is the
Consolidation of Buyers.

4 - It Is The Sellers Fees That Generate eBay's Income.

Hence on eBay - It Is Truer Then Ever - BUYER BEWARE ! ~ RHF