Old December 9th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave, rec.radio.amateur.misc, rec.antiques.radio+phono

Default R-390A on E-Screw low bids!

Only problem is it's offerd for-sale by RadioMart....
Now I ask you:
Would you buy a R-390 from that man from KY?

(I also noticed he has the VERY desirable and
in very short supply Nintendo Wii up for sale too.
Just in time for Xmas when everyone is looking for 'em.
What you think folks? Will R-M scam the general
public an get away with it, just like he's been alleged
scamming the ham radio community on e-screw?)

E-Screw: "Your one-stop-shop online! Bringing you
scammers, stolen merchandise wholesalers and
recalled toys and merchandise since 1989"

Old December 9th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave, rec.radio.amateur.misc, rec.antiques.radio+phono

On Dec 9, 6:09 am, ShortwaveLoonWatch LtD
wrote:
Only problem is it's offerd for-sale by RadioMart....
Now I ask you:
Would you buy a R-390 from that man from KY?

(I also noticed he has the VERY desirable and
in very short supply Nintendo Wii up for sale too.
Just in time for Xmas when everyone is looking for 'em.
What you think folks? Will R-M scam the general
public an get away with it, just like he's been alleged
scamming the ham radio community on e-screw?)

E-Screw: "Your one-stop-shop online! Bringing you
scammers, stolen merchandise wholesalers and
recalled toys and merchandise since 1989"

I see items from time to time I'd like to bid on from Radio-Mart, but
then I come to my senses. I have perfect feedback and would hate to
have it screwed up by some ebay crook.
Old December 9th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave, rec.radio.amateur.misc, rec.antiques.radio+phono

wrote:

Only problem is it's offerd for-sale by RadioMart....
Now I ask you:
Would you buy a R-390 from that man from KY?

(I also noticed he has the VERY desirable and
in very short supply Nintendo Wii up for sale too.
Just in time for Xmas when everyone is looking for 'em.
What you think folks? Will R-M scam the general
public an get away with it, just like he's been alleged
scamming the ham radio community on e-screw?)

E-Screw: "Your one-stop-shop online! Bringing you
scammers, stolen merchandise wholesalers and
recalled toys and merchandise since 1989"

I see items from time to time I'd like to bid on from Radio-Mart, but
then I come to my senses. I have perfect feedback and would hate to
have it screwed up by some ebay crook.

Most of the sellers on Ebay won't give feedback to the buyer until the
buyer post positive feedback for them. If a seller shafts the buyer &
the buyer gives negative feedback the seller gives the buyer negative
for no reason other than retaliation. This screws up the whole
feedback thing. When I sell on Ebay, I give the buyer positive
feedback as soon as I receive the payment. If the buyer pays in a
reasonable time, he has done his part & deserves positive feedback.
Sometimes the sellers charge a lot for shipping junk & then offer a
refund, if the buyer returns the junk he is out shipping coming &
going. And shipping is expensive.
Old December 9th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.antiques.radio+phono

ShortwaveLoonWatch LtD wrote:
Only problem is it's offerd for-sale by RadioMart....

R-390 I see, but no R-390A... Where?

BTW - the R-390 is about where one would expect it to be, if it's in as
good of condition as claimed...

Best regards...
--
randy guttery

A Tender Tale - a page dedicated to those Ships and Crews
so vital to the United States Silent Service:
http://tendertale.com
Old December 9th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave, rec.radio.amateur.misc, rec.antiques.radio+phono
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:
Only problem is it's offerd for-sale by RadioMart....
Now I ask you:
Would you buy a R-390 from that man from KY?

(I also noticed he has the VERY desirable and
in very short supply Nintendo Wii up for sale too.
Just in time for Xmas when everyone is looking for 'em.
What you think folks? Will R-M scam the general
public an get away with it, just like he's been alleged
scamming the ham radio community on e-screw?)

E-Screw: "Your one-stop-shop online! Bringing you
scammers, stolen merchandise wholesalers and
recalled toys and merchandise since 1989"

1st - That's Radio-Mart with a {Hyphen between the Words}.

2nd - ? KY ? Radio-Mart Does Not Use KY-Jelly :
When He Screws-someone-Over On eBay.

Old December 9th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.antiques.radio+phono

Mark S wrote:

Most of the sellers on Ebay won't give feedback to the buyer until the
buyer post positive feedback for them. If a seller shafts the buyer &
the buyer gives negative feedback the seller gives the buyer negative
for no reason other than retaliation. This screws up the whole
feedback thing. When I sell on Ebay, I give the buyer positive
feedback as soon as I receive the payment.

Ebay should revamp the feedback system where as the seller cannot
receive a feedback until he/she leaves one to the buyer first. Like Mark
said, the seller should give feedback as soon as payment has been
received as he fulfilled his obligation. The feedback would way more
honest then.

Sal
Old December 10th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.antiques.radio+phono

Ebay should revamp the feedback system where as the seller cannot receive
a feedback until he/she leaves one to the buyer first.

Not a good idea.

Suppose a crooked seller sends a misrepresented item to the buyer and,
knowing that there will be a complaint, simply doesn't leave any feedback
for the buyer. The buyer is then blocked from giving the seller a
well-deserved negative.

Giving immediate positive feedback to a buyer can be a mistake in case the
buyer is a crook (yes, they exist). The buyer keeps the good item that he
received, and returns a broken or damaged one and demands a refund. The
seller knows that he is being scammed, but having already given a positive
feedback, there's not much he can do. The crooked buyer gets the positive,
and the honest seller either loses his money or gets a negative.

Also not good.

--
Mike Schultz

Old December 10th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.antiques.radio+phono

Sal Brisindi wrote:
Mark S wrote:

Most of the sellers on Ebay won't give feedback to the buyer until
the buyer post positive feedback for them. If a seller shafts the
buyer & the buyer gives negative feedback the seller gives the buyer
negative for no reason other than retaliation. This screws up the
whole feedback thing. When I sell on Ebay, I give the buyer positive
feedback as soon as I receive the payment.

Ebay should revamp the feedback system where as the seller cannot
receive a feedback until he/she leaves one to the buyer first. Like
Mark said, the seller should give feedback as soon as payment has been
received as he fulfilled his obligation. The feedback would way more
honest then.

Sal

It's a hoary old chestnut!
I'm both a buyer and seller on ebay.co.uk.
It is the buyer's duty to pay for the item.
It's the seller's duty to pack the item adequately, for it to be as
advertised, to pay the carrier, and to send it.
It is the carrier's duty to take it safely to the buyer in the time
appropriate for the chosen service, but this is at the seller's risk under
UK law, though recompense can, theoretically, eventually be had by the
seller.
It is the buyer's duty to receive the item, (or respond to a card which
should be left by the carrier, but isn't always, if he's out or Customs fees
need paying, and collect the item from the depot or arrange re-delivery.)
At this point, it is appropriate for the buyer to leave feedback for the
seller if the item arrived in satisfactory condition. with appropriate
(factual and reasonable) comments about the service, packing, etc. and then
for the seller to leave appropriate, factual, feedback in response.
If unhappy with the item, he should advise the seller. They should then both
try to find out what went wrong and reach a mutually agreeable solution.
Ideally, there should never be a need for reasonable people to leave, nor
receive, negative feedback.
But, yes, the whole transaction depends on the seller, carrier, and buyer
all playing their parts, and it is messy and unpleasant otherwise.
Martin.

Old December 10th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave, rec.radio.amateur.misc, rec.antiques.radio+phono
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 9, 7:40 pm, wrote:

Mark S wrote:

Most of the sellers on Ebay won't give feedback to the buyer until the
buyer post positive feedback for them. If a seller shafts the buyer &
the buyer gives negative feedback the seller gives the buyer negative
for no reason other than retaliation. This screws up the whole
feedback thing. When I sell on Ebay, I give the buyer positive
feedback as soon as I receive the payment.

Ebay should revamp the feedback system where as the seller cannot receive
a feedback until he/she leaves one to the buyer first. Like Mark said, the
seller should give feedback as soon as payment has been received as he
fulfilled his obligation. The feedback would way more honest then.

Sal

-
- Ebay favors the seller. No doubt about it.
-

1 - eBay's Business Model starts with the Seller.

2 - eBay Function's as a Seller's Auction Site/Venue.
{Clearing House for Sellers}

3 - The Service that eBay Offers Sellers is the
Consolidation of Buyers.

4 - It Is The Sellers Fees That Generate eBay's Income.

Hence on eBay - It Is Truer Then Ever - BUYER BEWARE ! ~ RHF

Screw NBC/Universal John, N9JG Antenna 1 June 21st 07 04:00 PM
Another E-screw - check this one. Dorpmuller Shortwave 5 January 11th 07 12:51 AM
How many democrats does it take to screw in a light bulb? Slow Code Policy 26 October 5th 06 01:42 PM
Screw-Driver Antenna Kevin & Natalia Mitchell Antenna 3 November 14th 03 05:09 AM
Screw Martha Rich Wood Scanner 0 November 6th 03 02:34 PM