Old December 14th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jay in the Mojave Jay in the Mojave is offline

Default OT sorta - Icom 718

Hello Steveo:

Yeah I looked this up Ic 718 on the Icom web site. It looks like a nice
radio.

But let me bend your ear towards the Icom Ic 746 Pro. It has all the DSP
and digital IF Filters all ready to go. If yous ain't satisfied you can
always get your money back out of it.

I know the 746 Pro is going for around 1500 dollars. I have a 746 and a
746 Pro. I won't have another radio without DSP or digital IF Filters.

The 746 Pro "Button-ology" isn't too bad, as in user hostile. But the
manual was written by someone who needed to get out more often. And
proves academic achievement is useless without some sort of hands on
experience in life. A user friendly abbreviated manual is available for
around 22 dollars. I have one.

One of my pet peeves is a great radio that is user hostile, the design
works great, but the radio doesn't sell because the software guys where
allowed run a muck making it too complicated to use.
The radio is button-ology user hostile to operate.
This is managements fault for not having a separate group test and
evaluate the radio before production. And there is no excuse for this as
there are way too many fat, over stuffed, self centered, arrogant,
unemployed hams out there that can test the radios before production.

It would be a sad day for some of these guys if I where in charge, as
many would be escorted off the company property in handcuffs.

Jay in the Mojave

Steveo wrote:
Anyone reading this ever try one?